At Alliance we tailor sessions based on your needs. We have catered to both corporation and educational venues including undergraduate, graduate and professional students, as well as faculty and staff. Our services are adaptable to a wide range of teams in person, at retreats, or even via webinars!
We offer an array of sessions, a sampling of topics we have presented on include:
Cultural Awareness Workshops
- Imposter Syndrome
- This workshop is popular amongst women entrepreneurs and students alike, as well as overachievers, both men and women, as they are encouraged to look at the reasons behind their feelings of self-doubt and find ways to overcome imposter syndrome.
- Implicit bias: The root of Stereotype Threat and Imposter Syndrome
- Curious about what biases you may face, or which ones you may be self-limiting with? This workshop provides an introduction to those unfamiliar with these concepts or those who want to discuss them with their peers in a safe and relaxed atmosphere.
- Diversity and Inclusion
- This session will discuss the facts and history behind “What is Diversity?”, the ‘business case’ for diversity, as well as how inclusivity is key to being truly diverse. Participants will leave with a better understanding of what diversity is and tips on creating a more inclusive environment.
- Other topics may include a combination of our current workshops or topics like: Emotional Intelligence, Microaggressions, Inclusive Leadership, etc.
Professional Development Sessions
- The A->Z of Networking: Business Cards, Email Etiquette, and LinkedIn
- Can you Tie a knot? Team building and leadership development
- T Skills: Being a Specialist and a Generalist
- Unraveling the Mystery: How to Use LinkedIn
- How to Decipher Scientific Papers/Journal Articles
- What I Wish I Knew Before Grad School
- Mentorship: Importance of Having Mentors and Becoming a Mentor
- The Elevator Pitch: Being ready to answer the “Tell me about Yourself” question.
- The Power of Confidence: Unsolicited Advice
Intercultural Development Inventory Assessment
Is intercultural competence important to you and your team? Do you want to take a step forward and identify where you and your team are at and how to improve your intercultural competence skills to continue being a welcoming and inclusive group?
We provide a validated assessment for your team with our IDI qualified administrator, followed by a discussion of the group profile, and one-on-one sessions with your team members. This assessment will provide insight on where your team resides on the cultural competence continuum and how to move towards an inclusive culture. We will come up with a cultural competency plan together!
- Keynote Speaker Requests: Book Dr. Rahhal to be your next Keynote. She will share her journey, experiences and background ranging from being a women in science to her work with diversity and inclusion.
- Need some interactive sessions for your retreat? Want to focus on team building and leadership development and/or diversity and inclusivity? Contact us today
- Need help with your resume/CV/Personal Statement? Our team at Alliance can help! We provide a fresh perspective on tackling undergraduate and graduate studies as well as editorial expertise.
- Webinars – Need a presenter for your next webinar? Most of our workshops can be provided via webinars too!